Monday, November 17, 2008

Story Book-Panraven






Hi all.  This was a great project.  I have actually used this program before, but I had more fun this time.  Maybe it is because I had something a little more interesting to use for my story.  I don't know that I would use this in an elementary class room, but maybe in a high school.  Maybe we could use it for a class presentation where we worked on it together or something.  Although this isn't the best program out there for story telling, I believe that using the internet for this sort of sharing is amazing.  It could be very possible to share stories with classrooms in India, Africa, or Australia.  Learning about other countries, as well as specific classroom, would make this tool very useful.

1 comment:

skipvia said...

Lovely book--I was actually a bit disappointed when it ended as I found myself wanting to learn more about your journey. Your narrative style is very compelling and the things that you chose to include in your story were consistently interesting.

I agree that the program is a bit difficult around the edges, but I think that Mixbook will solve a lot of those problems. As you mentioned, the best part of this kind of project is the ability to share stories on the Internet--a truly powerful idea that gives students the opportunity to write for an audience and to collaborate with others. Powerful stuff...